Meta description- Quickbooks error PS033 can occur during updating the payroll services. In order to resolve the error issue, the user has to perform this minimal troubleshooting.
Quickbooks is the best tool in the accounting field with various different features that enhance the working functionality. Among the features offered by Quickbooks, payroll service is the most useful that helps entrepreneurs pay their employees. But, sometimes, the user has to go through some payroll-related errors that hinder the way of transferring the amount to the employees. In this guide, we will discuss Quickbooks error PS033, what exactly is this error, what are the causes, and troubleshooting to resolve it.
What exactly is Quickbooks Error PS033
Quickbooks error PS033 enters into the system when the CPS folder consists of some damaged files. With this, the user becomes unable to download the recent updates related to payroll and also cannot open the company file. The error can harm the data stored in the company file. So, resolve it as soon as possible by removing all the causes that lead to the error issue. Now, let’s jump into the factors that trigger Quickbooks payroll error PS033.
Factors that Trigger Quickbooks Error PS033
- Incorrect or wrong Service Key
- If the company file PSID is wrong.
- Damaged Quickbooks data.
- Status on Quickbooks desktop appears as an invalid number or EIN.
- The payroll subscription is not activated properly.
- Using outdated Quickbooks version.
- Windows version is not compatible with the Quickbooks desktop.
- If there is more than one active payroll on an inactive direct deposit agreement.
- If the user uses an invalid employer identification number.
How to Troubleshoot PS033 Quickbooks Error
Quickbooks Payroll Error PS033 can be very troublesome for your system and business functionality. So, try to resolve it as soon as possible with the solutions provided below:
Solution 1: Reboot and Fix in Safe Mode
In order to reboot the system in safe mode and fix the Quickbooks PS077 error, the user has to perform the steps given below:
- Proceed with the first solution by verifying and rebuilding data on the Quickbooks desktop.
- Now, try to update Quickbooks with the latest version available.
- Once done with the update process, reboot the system in safe mode.
- Also, try to update the Quickbooks payroll tax table.
- End the process by restarting the system.
Solution 2: Download the latest Payroll tax table
Move on to this solution, if the above does not resolve the Quickbooks payroll update error PS033. You can start the procedure with these steps:
- Initiate the solution by downloading the latest payroll tax table.
- For doing so, navigate to the Employees tab and hit get payroll updates.
- After that, hit on download the entire payroll update.
- At last, select the update
Solution 3: Modify the name of the Quickbooks CPS folder
This is another solution that you can perform on your system to remove the Quickbooks error PS033. In order to perform it, follow these steps:
- The first thing that the user needs to do is to navigate to the C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 20nn\Components\Payroll\CPS.
- The user needs to mention the version number of Quickbooks according to the year of the Quickbooks version.
- The next step requires you to rename the CPS folder to CP SOLD.
- In the end, try to update the Quickbooks payroll tax table.
Solution 4: Disable UAC (User Account Control)
By disabling the User account control, the user can easily get rid of the PS033 Quickbooks error. If you do not know how to do it then move on to these steps:
- The first step that the user needs to perform is to press Windows + R keys together in order to open the run window.
- Now, enter the control panel and hit the enter
- Then, proceed to the Ok
- Move ahead by choosing the User Account tab.
- Hit on the user account classic view.
- Make a step forward by clicking on Change user account control settings.
- At last, move your mouse to never notify and click on that.
Read More: Best Solutions to Resolve QuickBooks Error
After performing the above solutions, the user has to check if the Quickbooks error PS033 persists or not. Well, with these easy-to-perform solutions, the error would be resolved but if it is still appearing then the cause might be something else. In order to know about this hidden cause and take further consideration from the respective expertise, the user needs to contact the Quickbooks customer care team.