Meta description- Quickbooks error code H202 can really disturb the functionality of the system. If you want to get rid of it easily without any kind of hard work then read this guide below.
Quickbooks consist of many different features that an entrepreneur desires to boost its business growth. It is known to be the best accounting software that helps the user to do any task at their fingertips. But, as a software, Quickbooks prones to some technical glitches and bugs that arise the hindrances into the system with some errors. In this guide, we will be going to discuss one such Quickbooks error code H202. So, read this full guide to know everything about the error issue.
What is Quickbooks error code H202
Quickbooks error code h202 generally enters into the system when the user tries to open the Quickbooks company file that is placed in another computer and the copy of Quickbooks cannot reach the server. The error can also happen if the user trying to open the Quickbooks file in a multi-user mode.
What triggers Quickbooks error H202
There are several reasons that lead to the Quickbooks h202 error. Read below to know about them:
- QBFCMonitor and QuickbooksDBXX do not run properly.
- Improper configuration of DNS settings.
- Damaged .ND file.
- Hosting settings are misconfigured.
- Some issues within the Quickbooks database server manager.
- The server’s IP address is unavailable to Quickbooks desktop.
- when the firewall blocks the path of transferring between Quickbooks and the server, then again you can encounter the error issue.
What are the indications of Quickbooks H202 error?
- Witnessing the freezing of Quickbooks.
- Becomes unable to switch to the multi-user mode.
- The error text appearing on the screen.
- Inactive performance of the system.
- Unable to access the company file on another computer.
What are the fixes to resolve Quickbooks error code H202
The user can easily try these fixes to get rid of the error issue.
1. Adding Server to the Windows Host file
- First of all, close the Quickbooks.
- Double-click on the windows starts menu on the server computer.
- Choose computer.
- Navigate to either:
- Open the host file and choose Notepad.
- Now, enter the IP address and computer name. In order to enter space, use the tab key.
- The workstation‘s IP and computer name should be used in the server computer.
- The server computer’s IP and computer name should be used in the workstation.
- Move to the save option from the file menu and hit exit.
- Try to reopen the QB company file.
2. Craft a new folder for the company file
- Try to create a new folder on the hosting computer.
- You need to share the folder and set it up.
- Now, provide permission to windows to share the company files.
- Copy the Quickbooks database file (QBW).
- In the end, open the company file in multi-user mode.
3. Restart Quickbooks Database Server Manager
- Try to launch the window run dialog and enter services.msc and hit OK.
- Right-click QuickbooksDB19 (2009), QuickbooksDB18 (2008) or QuickbooksDB17 (2007) and hit the stop button.
- And now select start by right-clicking.
- Shut the window.
- Move ahead by displaying extensions for known file types.
- Perform a right-click on the windows start button and select explorer.
- Navigate to tools and choose folder options.
- Hit the View tab and unselect Hide Extensions for the known file types box.
- Tap on the view tab and select show hidden files and folders and clear hide protected operating system file’s box.
4. Remove and Recreate the .ND file
- Enter *.ND file and hit enter tab.
- Right-click on .ND file and press the delete button.
- Tap on the Windows start button.
- Choose all programs, select Quickbooks, hit Quickbooks Database Server Manager.
- Hit scan folder tab.
- Select add folder tab and browse the company file.
- Choose the company file and hit OK.
- Select the tab named start scan.
- When scanning becomes completed, select close.
5. Resolve the Hosting to local files
- First, open Quickbooks and then press F2 to open the Product Information screen.
- Navigate to Local server information and select hosting to show the local files.
- Need to ensure that no other client can access the same company file.
6. Access the Quickbooks connection diagnostic tool
- Try to download and install Quickbooks connection diagnostic tool.
- Verify the folder where the data file is located.
- Enter the IP address and Network Interfaces.
- You need to check the firewall status has open ports and tap on the button and allow the ports.
- Now, check for data connectivity.
- Open the company files again.
7. Check Network Connectivity
- Turn off the hosting on all workstations.
- Take the server name from the workstation.
- Type the name of the server and hit enter.
Read More: Best Troubleshooting
With these solutions given above, the user can easily get rid of the Quickbooks error code h202. But, even if the solutions do not provide you success in resolving the issue then you can contact the Quickbooks customer care team.