Meta description- Fighting with Quickbooks error code 15106? Then, read this full guide containing everything that you should need to know about the error issue.
Quickbooks is the best accounting software that will help in doing so many different tasks like payroll, creating receipts, tax labels, and so on. The user takes the advantage of its fluent workflow but sometimes Quickbooks becomes corrupted with some technical glitches and thus leads to the error issue. In this guide below, we are going to discuss Quickbooks error code 15106. So, bind yourself till the end and know about each and everything related to the error.
What is Quickbooks error code 15106
Quickbooks error code 15106 is a payroll update error that hinders the software from being updated. Well, this error also comes with an error text that indicates that the update program cannot be opened.
What are the causes related to Quickbooks error code 15106?
- Presence of Spy Sweeper in the Webroot anti-virus software that takes QB update program as a malware activity.
- Antivirus application that brings hindrances by blocking the update.
- When the user becomes unable to log in as an administrator can lead to Quickbooks error 15106.
How can I fix Quickbooks Update error 15106
In order to resolve the error issue, the user has to perform this troubleshooting mentioned below:
Troubleshoot 1: Log in to the system with admin credentials
This is the first solution that the user can try that requires logging in to the system with admin credentials. If the user logs in as a different user then they should try to log in as admin. In order to do this, the user has to right-click on the Quickbooks desktop icon and then choose run as administrator.
This will definitely resolve the error issue. If the error is not resolved yet and you are still get troubled with the Quickbooks error code 15106, then move on to this next solution.
Troubleshoot 2: Turn off/ Disable User Account Control (UAC)
The user can try the steps given below in windows 10, 8, 8.1, and 7.
- Proceed with the troubleshoot by pressing Windows + R keys and try to open the run window.
- Enter the control panel and press the OK button.
- Select the User account and also choose User accounts (Classic view).
- Move ahead by clicking on the change user account control settings option (it must be considered that select the yes tab if the screen is prompted with UAC).
- Now, the user is required to move the slider.
- Tap on never notify and press OK to disable or turning off UAC.
- The user can also tap on always notify and press Ok to turn on UAC.
- After performing the above steps, try to reboot the system.
Troubleshoot 3: Disable Antivirus and rename folders
If the above steps of second troubleshoot could not resolve the Quickbooks update error 15106 then the user moves on to this troubleshoot and carry out the procedure with the steps given below:
- The first thing that the user needs to do is to hit Ctrl + shift + Esc keys together that will open the task manager.
- Then, navigate to the Processes tab and check for [Antivirus].exe. For instance: Spy Sweeper.exe. The user should perform the uninstallation of the antivirus application if the error is still encountered.
- Proceed to the next step by selecting the end process.
- Now, try to rename the Quickbooks update folder.
- In order to do this, first press Windows + E to open the file explorer.
- After that, navigate to C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks(year)\Components.
- In this step, the user needs to right-click on the downloadqbXX folder and tap on the rename option. XX showing in the downloadqbXX represents the year version of Quickbooks.
- At the end of the name of the file, add .old.
- Once done with the above process, try to re-update the Quickbooks desktop.
Troubleshoot 4: Clean Install Quickbooks in selective startup mode
Get into this next troubleshoot to clean install Quickbooks in selective startup mode. That will surely help the user in resolving the Quickbooks error code 15106 in no time.
- First of all, the user is required to create a backup of the company file.
- Then, try to keep a copy of the Quickbooks product and license info.
- Moving ahead, try to start the system in selective startup mode that will provide you the assurance that there is no other application hindering in completing the task.
- Proceed to the next step and uninstall or install Quickbooks.
- Finish the procedure by turning back to the normal startup mode.
Now, enjoy your error-free system.
Read More: Quickbooks Error PS033
So, these are all the troubleshooting that the user can perform and eradicate the Quickbooks error code 15106. But, if the error still persists in the device and disturbs you and your system then you must take some guidance from the expertise of the field by contacting the Quickbooks customer care team.