Meta-description- In this guide below, you will be provided 6 easy solutions to resolve the Quickbooks error the file exists, read the full guide below to perform them on your system.
Quickbooks error the files exist needs to be resolved but how can you resolve it will be discussed in this guide. In this blog post, we are going to enlighten you with the basic understanding of the error that provides you the knowledge of the error, its causes, and some best troubleshooting that you can perform to resolve the error. So, without wasting any time, let’s get started with the first section.
What is Quickbooks error the file exists?
Many users reported that the Quickbooks error the file exists usually occurs into the system during the time of updating payroll, opening state or federal forms, and paying scheduled liabilities. The error comes with the text that reads “The file you specified cannot be opened. Make sure that it is not currently being used by another program or a read-only file.”
Well, there are many reasons behind this error’s occurrence. In order to know about them, proceed to the next section covering factors that triggers the error.
Factors responsible for Quickbooks error the file exists
- Inappropriate internet connection.
- Using an outdated version of Quickbooks
- You are not accessing any admin rights
- Internet security settings are wrongly configured
- Acquiring an outdated and improper firewall
- If the user account interferes with the Quickbooks then lead to the issue.
- Installing Quickbooks improperly or wrongly.
How to eradicate Quickbooks error message the file exists
You need to perform some solutions to eradicate the Quickbooks error the file exists. In order to perform these solutions, proceed with the guide below:
Solution 1: Turn off UAC in Windows Settings
- Navigate to the windows settings.
- Search for UAC (User Account Control).
- Turn off
- Reboot the system.
Solution 2: Check Quickbooks Updates
- Open the Quickbooks desktop and navigate the help
- Tap on the Product information option.
- Choose the correct year and version of QB from the drop-down menu.
- Move to search and select the tab named Get the latest updates.
- Locate the relevant files on the desktop.
- Follow the guidelines shown on the screen to install the updates.
- If the above procedure is finished, reboot the system.
Solution 3: Permit Full Control Access to the User
- Perform a right-click on the Quickbooks icon and choose
- Select open file location to open up a menu.
- Now, delete the entire file address.
- Again perform a right-click on the QB folder and click on the Properties tab.
- Under the security section, choose the edit option and also select the add tab.
- Choose to everyone and hit the OK
- Select the full control
- Hit the apply
- Finally, you only need to choose your user instead of everyone.
Solution 4: Register Quickbooks .DLL and .OCX files
- Navigate to the Quickbooks desktop application and select
- Perform a right-click on the QB icon and select
- Move towards the file location and look for the bat file.
- Perform a right-click onbat file and select run as administrator.
- You need to wait for the command prompt to open and close up.
- After rebooting the system, do the same process again which shows up the error.
Solution 5: Reinstall Quickbooks
- Open the Run window (Windows +R)
- Type cpl on the box appear on the screen.
- Move to Quickbooks, double-click on it, and select the uninstall
- Follow the steps to remove Quickbooks from the windows.
- Download the clean install tool and save it on the system.
- Install the QB software by using the clean install tool.
Solution 6: Delete QBPRINT.qbp
- Try to open the run
- Enter control on the dialog box.
- Press the enter
- Navigate to devices and printers and choose it.
- Try to remove the printer causing the trouble by right-clicking on the desktop.
- Close the Quickbooks desktop.
- Tap on the taskbar to open it
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Del and launch the task manager.
- Create the folder forexe and perform a right-click on it.
- Click on the yes tab on the window confirming that the process is done.
- Visit C Drive and then click on program data and then to
- You will see the Quickbooks option.
- Look for the file named qbp and try to delete the file.
- After the completion of all the steps, the user can print again by rebooting the device.
Read More: QuickBook RunTime
We hope that all these solutions will resolve the error issue easily but if somehow you become unable to perform the solutions and the error still persists after finishing all the solutions then you can take help from the experts themselves by dialing to Quickbooks customer care team.
QuickBooks error the file exists
Quickbooks the windows error was the file exists
the windows error was the file exists QuickBooks
QuickBooks error message the file exists
Quickbooks windows error the file exists