Officer Steven Shaulis and Principal Kevin Murray have abused multiple students in Woodland Hills High School. They have been recorded abusing students in 2015, 2016 and 2017, and more and more families are coming forward with their own stories of abuse.
We need your help to get the perpetrators out of the school to keep our children safe! Here’s how you can help:
- SIGN THE PETITION
- Speak out at school board meetings
- You must sign up to speak by 4pm on the day before the meeting. To sign up, call Julie Puhl on 412-731-1300, extension: 0178.
- Meeting location: 531 Jones Ave, Braddock, PA 15104. Time: 7pm. Link to school board meeting dates for 2017 (pdf). The next agenda-setting meeting is May 10, and the next legislative meeting is May 17.
- Protest outside DA Zappala’s office on May 12, 11:00am
- Email school board members and superintendent to demand they fire Principal Murray
- Tara Reis: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mike Belmonte: email@example.com (up for re-election in Region 3)
- Robert Tomasic: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fred Kuhn: email@example.com
- Ava Johnson: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms. Jamie L. Glasser: email@example.com
- Jeff Hanchett: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Jeff Hildebrand: email@example.com
- Andre Moore: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alan N. Johnson (Superintendent of Schools): email@example.com
- Call, write letters or email District Attorney Stephen Zappala. Ask him to drop the charges on Que’Chawn Wade, and refer the investigation of the assault by Officer Shaulis to PA Attorney General Josh Shapiro.
- DA’s office phone number: (412) 350-4401
- Zappala’s email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailing address: Room 303, 436 Grant St, Pittsburgh, PA 15219-2424, United States
- Woodland Hills School Board primary election (May 16):
- If you live in Region 3 of Woodland Hills School District (North Braddock, Forest Hills, East Pittsburgh and Braddock Hills), your write-in candidate is Akeya Kester.
- If you live in Region 2 (Swissvale, Braddock, Rankin and Edgewood), Paige Strasbaugh is your candidate on the ballot.
- If you live in Region 1 (Chalfant, Churchill, Turtle Creek and Wilkins Township), your write-in candidate is Chardae Seligsohn.
- File an educator misconduct report with the PA Department of Education
- File a complaint with the Office of Civil Rights
Please encourage other families to contact us as we are referring people to a civil rights attorney!